Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Swim Team Capt.

Started a new trend on the boat as of yesterday and already voted swim team captain...

Yesterday asked anyone if they wanted to go for a swim and got four volunteers, not knowing what I was getting myself into. Christian, Stef, John and myself all went for a swim yesterday and today. Yesterday I went from the boat just to the closest beach which took 15 minutes one way, open water with just a mask and a wicked current. Today we swam in a triangle from anchor to a reef, along the beach to the same spot as yesterday and back. Today's swim was about 45 minutes long but well worth the effort because I got to see some amazing things all while the sun was setting.


We swam to that rock i circled then to the left all along that beach to the white beach house with the white roof (below) then back to the boat. These pictures are taken from the boat.



I got voted swim team captain after finishing first in most of the swims. I learned the hard way to take a snorkel the second time which allowed me to see so many schools of fish, lobster cages and a sea turtle! These waters are so clear that you can see the anchor on the sea floor from our boat and we are about 10 meters deep.


This is Sean my friend from Zimbabwe free diving today in Guadeloupe. Thought this was an awesome photo. I'm not inspired to be able to get my PADI open water certification so I can dive where ever we go. Just signed up to take the course online and then once that is completed I have to dive for four hours with a trainer professional. Once that is complete I will be certified to dive anywhere in the world!

Lady L (the boat Sean works on) just finished charter so this is what they got to do on their day off. Snorkeling, fishing, jet skis and sun bathing. Not just me who has a good job...most yachties live the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment