Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 1:

Wake up call at 7:30 start work at 8:00am sharp. Today Abby and I were the only ones who had to work, the rest of the crew had the day off. A few of the deckhands went out kite surfing. I got the full tour of the boat, we have four bars, three kitchens, two king beds, one queen, four twin beds and accommodations for ten crew. We are switching a lot of crew right now, few people are leaving and we are getting a few new people here and there.  During the day today I spent over an hour cleaning out wine, champagne and water glasses with white gloves so we didn’t get our fingerprints all over the glasses while handling them. I then took another hour separating glass rocks into small vases by color. By 10 we had a break for breakfast then we sorted out uniforms and I swear I could clothe all of Africa with the amount of stuff we get (2 of everything). After that we then had lunch. Tolan the chef had the day off so he was off of the boat but we had left overs for lunch. I had a steak, fresh salad and green beans just for lunch! Never been a fan of leftovers but that’s because a chef doesn’t normally make my leftovers. After lunch we stripped all the beds and she taught me a few key things in each of the bedrooms and then I was sorted to iron all my new clothes. Ironed for two hours and off work at 5. Dinner is on the table promptly at 5pm buffet style. Tonight was chicken fried rice, beef salad and chicken breast smothered in garlic lemon oregano and tomatoes. The crew just went to watch sunset and I’m about to go get a run in and check out the island. I also just found out we have a stationary bike, treadmill and weights on board which we all are allowed to use whenever we want! Staying healthy by all the amazing food I’m eating as well as being able to get a workout in. (Dad aren’t you proud of me)

Tomorrow I have the day off but I’m on watch, which means I have to be on the boat the whole day making sure it doesn’t sink haha. Tolan loves football so he said he will be plastered in front of the TV so he can help me with any of the duties I might need to accomplish.

Learned a little more about my owners, Originally from Oklahoma but now live in Texas. Very private about their lives so far, but I can’t wait to see what they look like. Learning a lot each day and had information over load today but it will all come with time and I’m loving every bit of it so far.


Cheers
This is my view every morning 


No comments:

Post a Comment