Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Made it to Dominica...barley

Monday night late, I got a new roommate named Sammie. 22 year old from London area to share my room with. 6am the next morning we took off to Dominica. 8 hour journey, took sea sick pills before and wore the sea sick bands and most of us all still got sick. The swells were at least 10ft, it felt as if I was riding a roller coaster with no seat belt when I was out of bed, then we went to lay in bed and I felt as if I was going backwards on a roller coaster, or bad turbulence. I was out of my cabin for about 45 minutes of the entire trip. Sammie was throwing up during the morning trip and most everyone else was in their cabins trying survive. I was able to sleep most of the trip without feeling horrible for a total of 8 hours. We are now at anchor outside the harbor. We got here at dark so I don't have any idea how beautiful it is yet but I will send some Christmas photos.

Dominica is half way from St. Lucia which is where we are going in two days. 

Christmas crew day in Dominica. We are going kayaking up a river to a water fall and hiking up to a bar that was a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment