Monday, December 16, 2013

Starting to find my way around

Figuring the boat out and knowing where everything is an the normal daily routine.


Had the interior to myself today. Abby and Tolan went off to get provisions (grocery list) done and was gone most of the day. I had my list of chores to do and that was about it. Got off the boat right after work to go for a run around the island saw some amazing things just on my 20 minute run. Amazing small island feel. Small businesses booming which I don't know how they are why selling shells from the beach and sea turtles made from sand but they are sitting outside watching the traffic go by and in their island gear. They drive on the opposite side of the road from America and normally when I run on the road I run with the traffic coming at me so I can see when a car is coming but here they really don't stay on one side of the road. Whatever side is free is what side they drive on. About got ran over a few times, many honks and a few whistles by locals. All the local men have rasta braids and look like Bob Marley. I ran to the beach and back and saw many new things.

Learning about the guests who are the owners of "Publix" grocery store. I've heard only good things about them and they really like to go to remote places because they love to dive. Better for me! I want to go places no one else will go!

All for now. Bed time 6:40 wake up call

Cheers!
Pigeon Bay at sunset
The water here is amazing. A picture doesn't do justice. It's cloudy and sprinkling rain and the water still looks this blue. 
Island life. old buildings built in the 1800's


No comments:

Post a Comment