Thursday, December 19, 2013

Short & Sweet

Checking in and not much has changed. I feel like each day I'm talking about how amazing my life is isn't too exciting but today work wasn't anything special. Ironed for a couple hours, put up Christmas decor and polished some cutlery. Wow sounds exciting I know but knowing at the end of each day I get to be in the most beautiful setting and most everyone in the world is hating the cold including all my friends in Utah. I have received about 12 pictures of the snow, car wrecks, people scrapping ice off their windows with a hanger and much more. It makes me realize that I should not be complaining one bit about ironing for two hours when I get to see this after I'm finished.
This was my view from my hike/run today. It was sprinkling rain when I left the boat but figured it might feel good to run in the rain. As soon as I headed up the mountain it stopped raining, the sun came out as well as a double rainbow! 
Running and hiking up the side of this mountain, right beside the boat. The other day I was laying on the party deck and kept hearing goats and was wondering if I was just hearing things or there really were goats around.
Found this guy staring at me. I followed his poop all the way up the side of the mountain on the trail.
He was just protecting his little family! After my run I got back to the boat to find the crew playing a little catch with a football and frisbee. Threw and played around for another hour or so while the chef was making dinner, came inside and dinner was on the table. Salmon, brussel sprouts covered in broccoli/bacon and a bowl of nocchi. Amazing food all the time. I love trying new things and I have at least tried everything he has made; only one thing I didn't really like...tofu. After dinner we dimmed the lights, then played Christmas music because we all didn't feel like Christmas was less then a week away and wanted to get in the Christmas spirit. I love my crew so much. I'm so lucky to have been able to experience this with them! I heard from two of my friends back in FL that one of them got fired and another got a job before me but isn't what she thought it would be and is going to quit soon so I know to count my lucky stars for allowing me to get on such a great boat.

Starting Monday morning we are making our way down to the island called Dominica, which is only about a half days trip south from Antigua, where we then will spend Christmas and then pick up our first guests on the 28th. 

So excited to get underway and see more amazing islands around the BVI's and Caribbean. 

I said short & sweet and look how much I had to talk about.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment